There seem to be many specifications floating about online about this supposedly Sony A700 replacement but I think the following is probably the most accurate (my guess) from photorumours.com.
- 16.2MP full frame sensor Exmor R (from handycam?)
- 100-25600 ISO (not sure about the high ISO, is there a need?)
- 8 frame/sec
- SSI, same a900 OVF, new AF system
- GPS and WiFi built-in
- 3.5 in. LCD display (not sure if it can fit!)
- Flash sync (1/500)
- 23 AF sensors
- Quick Live View
- Video Full HD (see comment below)
- Dust/splashes sealed (Pentax like?)
- Aluminum-magnesium alloy body
- Released early September, 2009
On the Video Full HD, unless this camera is bundled with more new lenses with silent built in motors, it will be practically useless with the Sony’s current motorized body. It is too loud for any video recording! Images may be good, but I can’t imagine viewing a video that goes whiirrrrr whirrrrrr whirrrrrr … But then, I may be wrong. Who knows. Either new set of lenses (there are still a few more yet to be released so I do expect them to be released in conjunction with the A700 replacement) or maybe a quasi Nikon D90 approach where auto-focus doesn’t work in video mode, hence silent operations?