This is an interesting competition in that you need to take a picture of an URL creatively! That’s kinda interesting and I can imagine quite a lot of different variations but I think I can’t think of an interesting angle.
Oh ya, the competition is slightly different. It is not the best photo that will win it but the person who submits the most number of creative images (I guess they do qualify it with the word creative). The competition is being held by Exa Bytes Network and you can get the details from here.
An excerpt from the competition site:
Time to snap, snap, snap and show off your photography skills by joining our Snap and Win Contest to stand a chance to win (are you ready?) . . . a stylish Canon EOS 1000D worth RM2199 for you to flaunt!
How to Join?
- Take a picture of any ads (from the magazine, newspaper or signboard) which contains a valid website URL.(It does not need to be exabytes url)
- Upload the picture in your blog/website/photo sharing application (e.g.: flickr, photobucket, etc)
- Submit the URL of the uploaded picture in our forum.
Remember, to join as Exabytes forum member before submitting.
How to Win?
- Submit as many entries of different ads as you possibly can.
- Contestant with the most creative entries wins.
A creative way to promote their forum and a creative way to collect more images for them to use in their marketing materials.