Sony has officially announced the 12.3 MP A500, 14.2 MP A550 and the 24.6 MP CMOS A850! A quick run down on the features of the respective DSLRs.
- 12.3/14.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- Auto High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode (I am really curious on how this performs)
- ISO 200-12800 (No ISO 100?)
- 5fps (A550 offers 7fps Speed Priority mode)
- Dual live view modes
- Tilting LCD
- 3-inch display
- 1,000 shots battery life (this is really long!)
On the Auto HDR, “The α500 and α550 use powerful algorithms to combine and optimise two successive frames in only 2 seconds, correcting any misalignment between frames when shooting handheld, which is a Sony unique technology.
- 24.6 Megapixel Exmor CMOS sensor
- Up to ISO 6400
- 3-inch display capable of 921k dots! (This is really super high resolution for a screen so small)
- New SteadyShot INSIDETM offers up to 4.0 steps anti-shake performance!